- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Two sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, making sure not to burn the garlic. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and thyme leaves to the pan. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Place the chicken in the baking dish along with the lemon wedges and the two sprigs of thyme.
- Place into the oven and bake, basting occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Drizzle the pan sauce on top of the slices of chicken and serve. Enjoy!
This amazing LEMON AND THYME CHICKEN BREASTS recipe I found at http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/ and I love it. I really loved the lemon flavor. Both of my kids liked it and so did my husband. A quick and simple recipe – perfect for a weeknight! I hope you like it.